Snack Ideas that Make the Most of ZeroPoint Foods
It’s 3 p.m. and your stomach’s grumbling but dinner’s still hours away. Who hasn’t faced this scenario? To stay on track (without getting bored), look to your ZeroPoint™ foods list for some between-meals inspo and build a snack centered around one (or more!) of your ZeroPoint foods. While we love a handful of baby carrots, sometimes you want something a little more outside-the-box.
Since everyone’s ZeroPoint foods list is a little different, we’ve gathered snack ideas that cover a whole bunch of ZeroPoint foods categories. Scroll through to find the ones that apply to you and start munching!
- Pair store-bought guacamole (without added sugar or fat) with a handful of celery sticks or a bag of WW tortilla chips.
- Make a snack-size quesadilla with one medium-size tortilla, low-fat shredded cheese, salsa, and guacamole.
- Mash avocado on a slice of whole-grain bread and top it with sliced tomatoes and flaky sea salt.
- Thinly slice half an avocado, pile it onto a rice cake, and season it with salt, crushed red pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice, and sesame seeds.
Beans, Peas, and Lentils
- Stir your favorite beans into canned or homemade vegetable soup.
- Roll up a small tortilla spread with canned fat-free refried beans or bean dip, salsa, and hot sauce.
- Sprinkle steamed edamame with sea salt and crushed red pepper or togarashi seasoning.
- Spread mashed canned chickpeas onto whole-grain toast and top with sliced cucumber, salt and black pepper.
Chicken and Turkey
- Tear rotisserie chicken breast into strips and dip into honey mustard.
- Stir together chopped roast turkey and tzatziki and eat wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves.
- Build a turkey sandwich on thick slices of tomato with a dab of mustard and a handful of arugula.
- Toss some chopped cooked chicken breast with shredded veggies and salsa, and wrap up in a tortilla.
Corn & Popcorn
- Coat air-popped popcorn with cooking spray and toss with your favorite seasoning blend or grated Parmesan.
- Wrap an ear of corn in its husk in a wet paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes. Shuck and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Stir together corn, guacamole, and salsa verde. Scoop up with baked tortilla chips or veggie sticks.
- Sprinkle a hard-boiled egg with your favorite seasoning blend.
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half. Remove the yolks and mash them with some mustard, chopped pickle, spices, salt, and black pepper and spoon back into whites for quick deviled eggs.
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half and wrap with thinly sliced deli turkey or ham. Dip in mustard.
- Dice a hard-boiled egg, toss with plain nonfat Greek yogurt and some Dijon mustard, season, and eat in lettuce cups or piled onto whole-grain crackers.
- Make an omelet using leftover cooked veggies as a filling.
- Use the WW Egg Bite Maker to create your own egg bites.
- Scramble an egg and wrap up in a small tortilla topped with salsa.
Fish & Shellfish
- Purchase store-bought cooked refrigerated shrimp and pair with cocktail sauce or horseradish-ketchup.
- Top cucumber slices with smoked salmon and a dollop of plain nonfat Greek yogurt.
- Mash drained tuna packed in water with mustard and lemon pepper seasoning. Spoon onto a rice cake, tomato slice, or lettuce cups.
- Place pickle slices on whole-grain crackers and top with mashed drained tuna packed in water.
- Spread a thick cored apple slice with creamy nut butter.
- Freeze washed seedless grapes and then eat frozen.
- Freeze bananas drizzled with melted chocolate.
- Top plain nonfat cottage cheese or yogurt with chopped fresh fruit and some low-fat granola or mini chocolate chips.
- Dip steamed asparagus spears into mustard vinaigrette or Dijonnaise.
- Top thickly sliced carrot or cucumber rounds with hummus or guacamole and hot sauce.
- Air-fry whole sweet mini peppers or shishitos. Season with a squeeze of lemon and flaky salt.
- Make salsa with your favorite finely chopped veggies, red onion, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Scoop up with chips or endive leaves.
- Wrap a pickle spear in deli turkey and dip in mustard.
Recipes to Try
Potatoes & Starchy Vegetables
Yogurt & Cottage Cheese
- Layer nonfat yogurt with chopped fruit and toasted oats or nuts for an easy parfait.
- Turn Greek yogurt or puréed cottage cheese into a quick, creamy dip with herbs and seasonings and pair with veggie sticks.
- Stir together plain nonfat yogurt, unsweetened cocoa, and monk fruit sweetener to use as a dip for apples or bananas.
- Swirl chocolate syrup into cottage cheese and top with chopped fresh berries.
- Spread cottage cheese on a rice cake, season with salt and black pepper, and top with slices of tomato or cucumber.
Oats & Oatmeal
Leslie Fink, MS, RD, has worked on the WW editorial team for more than 21 years. She plays a key role in food, recipe, and program content, as well as product partnerships and experiences.