So easy, so elegant. The wasabi mayo gives a bit of heat and the avocado lends delicious, buttery texture.
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared wasabi paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 large cucumber(s), seedless, cut into twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 item(s), medium avocado, quartered and then cut into 24 slices
- 8 oz cooked shrimp, about 24 small, peeled and deveined
- 2 large fresh radish(es), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) mint leaves, left whole (for garnish)
To make wasabi mayonnaise, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, wasabi paste and soy sauce until smooth.
To assemble appetizers, place cucumber slices on a serving platter and spread each with 1/2 teaspoon of wasabi mayonnaise. Place a slice of avocado on top and then top each with a shrimp; sprinkle with radish and top with a mint leaf. Yields 2 appetizers per serving.
- We prefer the flavor of the wasabi mayo when made with wasabi paste, but if you can't find it, wasabi powder works, too.