Nacho-coated turkey nuggets with creamy salsa dip
SmartPoints® value per serving
Our nacho-flavored chips make an easy, delicious, kid-friendly coating for turkey nuggets. And because they’re so packed with flavor, you don’t need to add any other seasoning. The accompanying two-ingredient dip matches perfectly with the Tex-Mex flavors, but you could also serve with ketchup. If your salsa is on the spicy side, take heart that the yogurt will tame the flame and make it suitable for sensitive palates. If you’d rather use chicken instead of turkey, it will work great, and the cook time will be the same.
WW Nacho tortilla chips crunchy snack
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Raw skinless turkey breast
1 pound(s), cut into 24 equal pieces
Fat free salsa
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place tortilla chips in a food processor or mini food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Pour into a pie plate or shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg and turkey and toss well to coat. Remove turkey pieces from egg, allowing excess to drain off. Dredge in crushed chips, pressing gently to adhere, and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Spray turkey with cooking spray. Bake at 425°F until turkey is done and breading is lightly browned and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa and yogurt.
- Serving size: 5 turkey nuggets and about 2 tbsp sauce