Enjoy this classic bar finger-food in the comfort of your own home. The filling is creamy and rich; the outside's crunchy and crisp.
- 4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced fat whipped cream cheese spread
- 1 Tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 8 small jalapeño pepper(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 7 Tbsp cornflake crumbs
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise; mix well and set aside. Halve peppers lengthwise and remove seeds; fill peppers wtih cheese mixture. (Oil and seeds from the peppers can be irritating — keep your fingers away from your eyes.)
Place egg substitute in a shallow dish. Place cornflake crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip stuffed peppers into egg substitute and then roll in cornflake crumbs to coat.
Transfer peppers to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until filling is bubbly and outside begins to brown, about 30 minutes. Serve hot. Yields 2 poppers per serving.