Bell pepper nachos
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
Apple cider vinegar
Unpacked light brown sugar
Sweet mini baby bell pepper(s)
21 item(s), halved and seeded
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1¼ cup(s), shredded
2 small, thinly sliced (optional)
Large canned ripe black olive(s)
8 olive(s), thinly sliced
Light sour cream
4 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make turkey seasoning, in a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and cayenne (or swap in taco seasoning); set aside.
- Place turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook, breaking apart meat with back of spoon, until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle turkey with seasoning mixture and stir in water; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is absorbed, 5-10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and sugar; simmer 2-3 minutes more.
- Arrange pepper halves, cut-side up, in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Evenly divide turkey mixture among peppers and sprinkle with cheese; top with jalapeno slices, if using.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; top with olives, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 7 nachos