Eat veggies. Grow your Budget.
Eat and track non-starchy veggies to add Points® to your Budget and build healthy habits. Win-win, we say!
Published 14 October, 2021
Yes, we’re dangling the carrot (and all other non-starchy vegetables!) in front of you. For every handful that you eat, you’ll add a Point to your daily Budget with our Points® Programme. There are plenty other benefits, too.
- Stay full longer. Non-starchy veggies are an amazing source of filling fibre, and having a fibre-rich pattern of eating supports good health.
- Fuel your body. Veggies are loaded with vitamins and minerals (like vitamin C and potassium) and water.
- Ditch cooking boredom. With more than 50 options on the list, you could eat a different veggie at every meal and not run out of options until, well, you can do the maths.
- Master your Budget. Running low on Points for the day? Fill up on veggies that double as ZeroPoint™ foods.
- Add Points to your Budget. Yes, really! It goes something like this:
How it all adds up
Some things to consider when measuring and tracking:
- Calculate and track the portion in the form you eat it: sauteéd, chopped up, or raw. Why? Since one of the benefits of eating non-starchy veggies is that they’re full of fibre, volume comes into play here. The larger the volume of veggies you eat, the more you’ll feel full, hence why you should log what you eat.
- Tracking a WW recipe or your favourite takeaway containing non-starchy veggies? The app will automatically add the Points to your Budget. If you’re eating something you made, just track your veggies in the app and watch your daily Points grow.
- Yes, a handful of veggies in your smoothie counts. Blended into recipes (even brownies!) is a legit way to get those veggies in!
When you’re ready to load up your meal plan with non-starchy veggies, keep the star-studded lineup nearby and get creative!
See the full list of non-starchy veggies here.