Silky Spring Pea Soup with Lemon-Herb Drizzle
- Total Time
This soup is super smooth and silky. A touch of lemon juice gives it a nice bright note.
cooking spray4 spray(s)
uncooked leek(s)2 cup(s), chopped, white and light green parts
uncooked onion(s)1 cup(s), chopped, yellow variety
kosher salt2 tsp, divided
black pepper¼ tsp
fat free chicken broth4 cup(s), or vegetable broth
frozen baby peas30 oz
silken tofu¾ cup(s), divided
fresh mint leaves¾ cup(s), chopped, divided (plus extra for garnish)
fresh parsley¾ cup(s), chopped, divided
fresh lemon juice3 Tbsp, divided
water1 Tbsp, warm
chives⅓ cup(s), fresh, packed, chopped
plain fat free Greek yogurt½ cup(s)
- Coat a large nonstick stockpot with cooking spray; set over medium-low heat. Add leeks, onion, 1 tsp salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 10-12 minutes. Add broth and increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Add peas; cook until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Off heat, add 1/2 c tofu, 1/4 c mint and 1/4 c parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp lemon juice; puree in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in batches in a blender).
- To make Lemon-Herb Drizzle, combine remaining 1/4 c tofu, remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice, water, remaining 1/2 c mint, remaining 1/2 c parsley, chives and remaining 1/2 tsp salt in a small food processor or blender; puree until smooth.
- To serve, top soup with yogurt and drizzle with lemon-herb puree; garnish with mint leaves or pea tendrils (optional).
- Serving size: 1 c soup, 1 Tbsp yogurt and 1 Tbsp Lemon Herb Drizzle