Silky spring pea soup with lemon-herb drizzle
2 cup(s), chopped, white and light green parts
1 cup(s), chopped, yellow variety
2 tsp, divided
Fat free chicken broth
4 cup(s), or vegetable broth
Frozen baby peas
¾ cup(s), divided
Fresh mint leaves
¾ cup(s), chopped, divided (plus extra for garnish)
¾ cup(s), chopped, divided
Fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp, divided
1 Tbsp, warm
⅓ cup(s), fresh, packed, chopped
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Coat a large nonstick stockpot with cooking spray; set over medium-low heat. Add leeks, onion, 1 tsp salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 10-12 minutes. Add broth and increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Add peas; cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Off heat, add 1/2 cup tofu, 1/4 cup mint, 1/4 cup parsley, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp lemon juice; puree in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in batches in a blender).
- To make the lemon-herb drizzle, combine remaining 1/4 cup tofu, remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, water, remaining 1/2 cup mint, remaining 1/2 cup parsley, chives, and remaining 1/2 tsp salt in a small food processor or blender; puree until smooth.
- To serve, top soup with yogurt and drizzle with lemon-herb puree; garnish with mint leaves or pea tendrils (optional).
- Serving size: 1 cup soup, 1 tbsp yogurt, and 1 tbsp lemon-herb drizzle