Sautéed chicken thighs with lemon and capers
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
1¼ pound(s), 4 (5-ounce) thighs
Canned chicken broth
Fresh lemon juice
1½ Tbsp, drained
1 Tbsp, or chives, chopped, for garnish (optional)
½ item(s), cut into wedges
- 1 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place flour in large bowl. Add chicken and turn until coated evenly.
- 2 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook until chicken is golden on bottom, about 6 minutes. Turn and cook until cooked through, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to plate and keep warm.
- 3 Add shallot to skillet and cook, stirring often, until shallot is softened, about 3 minutes. Add broth and cook, stirring with wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in lemon zest and juice and capers; cook 30 seconds longer.
- 4 Place 1 chicken thigh on each of 4 plates; top evenly with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, if using. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and about 3 tablespoons sauce