Oven-Fried Crispy Fish Sticks with Mango-Lime Salsa
Whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
2 item(s), large
Uncooked tilapia fillet(s)
1 pound(s), cut into 24 sticks (2 inches long and 3⁄4 inch wide)
1 tsp, divided
1 large, ripe, peeled, pitted, and finely chopped (about 1½ cups)
1 medium, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
¼ cup(s), chopped
Fresh lime juice
8 cup(s), baby
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- On a large plate, combine the breadcrumbs and onion powder. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk the eggs. Season the fish with ½ tsp salt and the black pepper. Working with 1 piece at a time, dip the fish sticks into the eggs, letting any excess drip off, then dredge in the crumbs, pressing to adhere the crumbs. Transfer to the prepared pan. Coat the fish well with cooking spray.
- Bake the fish sticks until the bottoms are golden, about 7 minutes. Turn the fish sticks over and cook until the bottoms are golden and the fish is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mango, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining ½ tsp salt and toss.
- Divide the kale among 4 plates. Top each plate with 6 fish sticks and about ⅔ cup of the salsa.
- Serving size: 2 cups kale, 6 fish sticks, and ⅔ cup salsa