Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Homemade Pesto
- Total Time
Cauliflower steaks are fragile when they're tender. A wide fish spatula makes a great tool to get these off the grill.
pine nuts2 Tbsp
basil2 cup(s), fresh, leaves
reduced-sodium chicken broth½ cup(s)
grated Parmesan cheese¼ cup(s)
olive oil1 Tbsp
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), peeled
table salt½ tsp
uncooked cauliflower1 ½ pound(s), cut into eight 1/2-inch-thick
cooking spray2 spray(s)
- Place pine nuts in a small skillet and set pan over medium heat. Cook until nuts are golden, shaking pan frequently to prevent burning, about 3 minutes; transfer nuts to a plate to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cooled nuts, basil, broth, cheese, oil, garlic and salt; process until smooth and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Off heat, coat cauliflower steaks lightly with cooking spray; set directly over heat. Cover grill and cook cauliflower, turning once, until marked and tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter or plates; spoon pesto over top.
- Serving size: 1 cauliflower steak with 2 Tbsp pesto