Grilled cauliflower steaks with homemade pesto
2 cup(s), fresh, leaves
reduced-sodium chicken broth
grated Parmesan cheese
2 medium clove(s), peeled
1½ pound(s), cut into eight 1/2-inch-thick
- Place pine nuts in a small skillet and set pan over medium heat. Cook until nuts are golden, shaking pan frequently to prevent burning, about 3 minutes; transfer nuts to a plate to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cooled nuts, basil, broth, cheese, oil, garlic and salt; process until smooth and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Off heat, coat cauliflower steaks lightly with cooking spray; set directly over heat. Cover grill and cook cauliflower, turning once, until marked and tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter or plates; spoon pesto over top.
- Serving size: 1 cauliflower steak with 2 Tbsp pesto