A sweet, just-picked tomato is key to this refreshing salad. If none look great, use naturally-sweet grape tomatoes instead.
- 1 cup(s) canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup(s) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large fresh tomato(es), diced
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, Italian-variety, or basil, minced
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
In a large bowl, combine beans, tomato, onion and celery. Gently stir in vinegar and sprinkle with parsley or basil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serving size: 1 c
- This recipe is fresh-tasting, quick and flavorful. Keep it basic as written or add fresh lemon or lime juice, capers and/or olive oil (any changes could affect the recipe's SmartPoints value).