- 4 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg white(s), you’ll have to boil these as whole eggs and discard the yolks
- 2 Tbsp chives, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and pour in enough water to cover them; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes; drain and place eggs in an ice-water bath.
- When eggs are cool enough to handle, remove shells. Discard yolks from two of the eggs. Chop remaining whole eggs and whites into bite-size pieces.
- Transfer eggs to a medium bowl. Add chives, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; mix until blended. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of ground paprika for added flavor and color.