- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 oz Italian bread, cut into eight 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 2 oz whole milk mozzarella cheese, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) arugula, baby leaves
- 1 medium plum tomato(es), cut into eight thin slices
- 4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), peeled and cut in half
Preheat outdoor grill (or grill pan or skillet).
In a small cup, stir together vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper until blended. Brush mixture onto 1 side of each slice of bread.
To make each sandwich, layer 1/4 of cheese over brushed side of bread and then top with 2 tomato slices and 1/4 cup of arugula. Top with another slice of bread, brushed side down and then coat sandwiches with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Grill, lightly pressing with a spatula from time to time, until bread is toasted and cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes per side; rub grilled bread with garlic clove.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
- If you like your paninis more pressed, use a sandwich weight or brick. Or use a panini press if you have one.