When you pair grains and leafy greens into a salad, you get a meal that is filling and nutritious. Use the ideas for an easy dinner or take-to-work lunch. To help you decide which recipe to try, consider the grain:
- Barley is a grass plant that is high in protein and chewy in texture.
- Bulgar is a partially cooked whole wheat grain that is then dried.
- Farotto is when grain is cooked like risotto.
- Farro is a hulled grain that is made of different species of wheat.
- Freekah is a roasted unripened wheat that is crushed into small pieces.
- Quinoa is a seed that acts like a grain.
- Wheat berry is whole wheat kernel made of bran, germ, and endosperm. It is actually a fruit.
15 Grain Salad Recipes