- 1 cup(s) uncooked farro
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 1/4 cup(s) water
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-in pieces
- 2/3 cup(s) frozen baby peas, or fresh peas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped
Combine farro, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and water in a medium saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 13 minutes. Add asparagus and peas; cover, and continue to cook until farro and vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes more.
Drain any remaining water from pot; let farro cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl or cup, whisk together oil, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; pour dressing over farro mixture and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with feta cheese and scallions. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.
- If dill isn’t your thing, fresh mint, parsley or chives would be great substitutes in this dish.