Mug cake recipes you need to try!
If you haven’t jumped on the microwave mug cake bandwagon yet, we recommend that you do! It's cake in a cup that's quick to make, super filling and delicious. It may come as no surprise that our most popular recipe of all time is WeightWatchers® Ambassador Anna’s 90 second mug muffin breakfast filled with quick oats, banana, cinnamon, fresh dates and an egg.
Mug cakes can be enjoyed any time of the day. Make them as an energy-boosting breakfast, a sweet snack with your fave cup of tea in the afternoon or a speedy after dinner dessert, perfect for one.
They also don't have to be all sweet - Coach Shellie's savoury breakfast mug muffin filled with eggs, cheese, bacon and tomatoes will be your new fave go-to brunch idea. Our double chocolate mug muffin recipe hits the spot if you're after a chocolate mug cake.
Generally, mug cakes are made from a handful of basic ingredients you will have on hand like flour, sugar, butter and milk— but give it a WeightWatchers spin by swapping in oats, egg, and banana. This will help keep the Points down, not to mention give you a protein and fibre boost.
How to make the best microwave mug cake?
- Add the dry ingredients to a microwave-safe mug
- Stir in the wet ingredients
- Microwave for 70-90 seconds (until cake is just set).
What are the best mug cake flavour combinations?
- Raspberries, white chocolate, banana, oats and egg
- Honey, ginger, banana, oats and egg
- Spinach, ricotta, onion, oats and egg
- Blueberry, dates, yoghurt, banana, oats and egg
- Cheese, bacon, parsley, oats and egg