Zucchini-Parmesan Curly Fries
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
Grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp, divided
2 Tbsp, divided
No sugar added fat free marinara sauce
- Using the largest shredding blade of a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini to yield 4 cups of thick spirals. Cut any long strands into pieces that are 4 inches or shorter.
- Whisk together the egg and 2 tsp water in a large, shallow bowl. In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine the panko, Parmesan, and garlic powder (or use a large mixing bowl with a tight-fitting lid).
- Preheat an air fryer, if necessary, to 400°F. Place half of the zucchini in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the zucchini with ¼ tsp salt and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp flour and toss well to coat. Place the zucchini mixture in the egg wash and toss just until lightly coated. Transfer to the zip-top bag, allowing excess egg to fall back into the bowl. Seal the bag and shake well to coat.
- Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Lift the zucchini out of the bag, allowing excess crumbs to fall back into the bag. Arrange the zucchini in the basket; air-fry at 400°F until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes, gently tossing the zucchini with tongs after 5 minutes. Remove the zucchini from the basket. Repeat the process with the remaining zucchini, salt, flour, egg, and breading. Serve with marinara sauce.
- Serving size: ¾ cup zucchini and 2 tbsp marinara