Below is a step-by-step guide to making sure your computer and browser are compatible with our site.
Please note that if your computer and browser aren’t compatible, you may have trouble accessing some features on our site.
We support Windows XP and higher and Macintosh OS X 10.6 and higher on WeightWatchers.com.
While it is possible to visit our website with other operating systems, they may not load all of a webpage’s features, and we’re unable provide support for them.
Weight Watchers recommends that you use the most recent version of one of our supported web browsers to have the best experience on our site. While we do believe that the most recent versions will give the best experience we currently support Internet Explorer 8 and higher, Firefox 10 and higher, Safari 5 and higher, and Chrome 8 and higher.
- From the Tools menu, click Internet Options. If your menu bar is hidden (IE9) please tap your ALTkey first.
- Click the Security tab, then the Custom level button.
- Under Reset Custom Settings, choose Medium-high (default) from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Reset button.
- In the Privacy tab, click the Advanced button.
- In the new window, check Override automatic cookie handling
- Accept both First-Party Cookies and Third-Party Cookies and be sure Always allow session cookies is checked
- Click OK, then OK again to exit Internet Options.
- From the Tools menu select Options (Mac users select Preferences). If the menu is hidden please tap your ALT key first
- Click the Privacy icon, then check Accept cookies from sites.
- Also check Accept third-party cookies.
- Click the Exceptions button.
- In the new window, enter *.weightwatchers.com in Address of Web Site input field.
- Click Allow, then click Close.
- Click OK.
Much of our website uses Flash, including workout videos, cheat sheets and site tools. We recommend that you install it.
Visit Adobe’s Downloads page and click the “Get Adobe Flash Player” button. The upgrade will occur for IE users automatically.
Firefox and Safari users: Please be sure to download Flash and install as you would any other software.
If you are using a PC and either have issues installing Flash Player or it isn’t working, it’s possible that your Windows security levels are too high and block these functions. Please check the following:
From the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer, click Internet Options. If your menu bar is hidden (IE9) please tap your ALT key first.
Click the Security tab, then the Custom level button.
Under the Active X Controls and Plug Ins category, please set Run Active X Controls and Plug Ins to Enable.
Click OK, then OK again to exit Internet Options.
- From the Tools menu select Options (Mac users select Preferences). If the menu is hidden please tap your ALT key first.
- Click Content.
- Click OK.
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences | Security icon.
- Make sure this check box is not selected: Block pop-up windows.