Fresh Vegetable Soup
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 2 small uncooked zucchini, diced
- 2 cup(s), shredded uncooked savoy cabbage, or other variety, shredded
- 2 cup(s) uncooked Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cup(s) uncooked cauliflower, small florets
- 2 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, small florets
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 cup(s) reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, or fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, optional
- Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley or chives; season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serving size: 1 cup
If you like thick soups, consider pureeing this recipe in the pot with an immersion blender.There are so many variations on this recipe. Add or leave out vegetables to suit your taste.Save time by using frozen vegetables instead of fresh ones (though the texture of the soup might change a bit). You can also buy small amounts of pre-cut vegetables from your supermarket's salad bar.