- 12 oz uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 14 1/2 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style, undrained
- 1 1/4 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup(s) uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat. Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili peppers, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil.
Stir in uncooked macaroni and kidney beans. Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Serve with grated parmesan topping, fat-free sour cream and low-fat or fat-free shredded Mexican cheese, if desired (could affect SmartPoints value).