Ultimate bacon cheeseburger
Dried porcini mushrooms
1 oz, sliced
Uncooked reduced fat center cut bacon
Uncooked 95% lean ground beef
6 oz, finely chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ small, grated
1 tsp, divided
Weight Watchers Reduced-fat Mexican style shredded cheese
15 Tbsp, sharp variety
4 slice(s), 3/4-inch-thick
Light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)
4 item(s), toasted
- In a small bowl, combine porcini mushrooms and enough hot water to cover; let stand until mushrooms soften, 15 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to sieve; rinse well, pat dry, then chop.
- Meanwhile, microwave 4 slices bacon on High in a single layer between paper towels until bacon is partially cooked but still flexible, 30 seconds; drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining 4 slices bacon; cool.
- In a large bowl, fold together beef, both types of mushrooms, onion and 1/2 tsp salt; shape into four 3 1/2-inch patties and season with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Crisscross 2 strips bacon across each patty, tucking the ends underneath.
- Off heat, coat a grill rack (or large grill pan) with cooking spray; heat to medium-high heat. Add burgers, bacon ends down; cook, flipping once, until internal temperature reaches 160°F, about 6 minutes per side. Sprinkle a scant 1/4 c cheese over each burger; cover until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Place 1 burger on each bun bottom; top each with a tomato slice, lettuce leaf, onion slice (optional) and bun top.
- Serving size: 1 burger