Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp regular butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), finely minced, or more to taste
- 12 oz cremini mushroom(s), or other mushrooms, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and fill 12 muffin holes with liners. Coat a large bowl with cooking spray.
- Place turkey in prepared bowl; season with salt and pepper, mix until incorporated and set aside.
- Place butter and oil in a large frying pan and cook over medium heat until butter melts; add onion. Sauté onion over medium heat until wilted and translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms begin to give off moisture, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sherry; cook until mixture begins to resemble a paste, about 5 to 10 minutes. Toss in parsley and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add mushroom mixture to turkey and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Drop by heaping tablespoons into prepared muffin tins until 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake muffins until center seems firm to the touch and turkey is completely cooked through, about 22 to 27 minutes. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
These muffins can be made ahead and warmed in minutes in the microwave. Pop extras in the freezer for fabulous fast-food. Serve with cranberry sauce if desired (could affect SmartPoints value).