- 2 pound(s) uncooked multi-coloured rotini
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 1 medium green pepper(s), diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1/4 cup(s) drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) store-bought pesto sauce, made with basil
- 1/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth, reduced sodium or water
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Add carrots, bell peppers and tomatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk together pesto and broth. Add mixture to pasta and stir to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per serving. (Note: This dish will last up to 1 week in the refrigerator. You may substitute 2 pounds of couscous for the pasta, if desired. Cook the couscous as directed and follow from step 2.)
Learn more about our Cook Once, Eat All Week Series.
- Throw it together while your Layered Mexican Chicken bakes during our Cook Once, Eat All Week series.