Tofu-Veggie Kebabs with Peanut-Sriracha Sauce
- Total Time
Powdered peanut butter helps make a wonderfully rich, nutty sauce for these meatless skewers.
table salt½ tsp
fresh radish(es)8 medium, trimmed and halved
uncooked broccoli10 oz, florets (about 4 cups)
firm tofu28 oz, rinsed and drained
powdered peanut butter6 Tbsp
water4 ½ Tbsp
white miso3 Tbsp, (low-sodium)
fresh lime juice1 ½ Tbsp
low sodium soy sauce1 ½ Tbsp
Sriracha hot sauce1 ½ tsp
toasted sesame oil1 ½ tsp
cooking spray4 spray(s)
unsalted toasted sesame seeds1 Tbsp
- Soak eight 10-in bamboo skewers in a shallow dish of water for at least 20 minutes (or use metal skewers).
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt and radishes to pan; cook 5 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 1 minute more. Drain in a colander; run vegetables under cold water until cool to the touch. Drain well; blot with paper towels.
- Blot tofu blocks dry with paper towels; cut each block into 12 even cubes.
- To make sauce, stir powdered peanut butter and water together in a medium bowl to form a smooth, loose paste. Add ketchup, miso, lime juice, soy sauce, Sriracha and oil; stir to combine.
- To make kebabs, thread 2 radish halves, 2 broccoli florets and 3 tofu cubes on each skewer.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Off heat, brush kebabs with sauce on one side and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place on grill, sauce side down; cook 2-3 minutes. Brush other side with sauce; flip and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from grill and brush with extra sauce; sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving. Serve any additional sauce on the side for dipping.
- Serving size: 2 kebabs plus 1 Tbsp sauce