Tofu, broccoli & butternut squash with creamy tahini sauce
Extra firm tofu
14 oz, drained and blotted dry, cut into 8 equal pieces
Low sodium soy sauce
1 head(s), cut into florets (use a large head)
Extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp, divided
1¼ tsp, divided (or to taste)
½ tsp, freshly ground (or to taste)
Uncooked butternut squash
2 pound(s), peeled, seeded, cut in 1 1/2-in chunks
2 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh lemon juice
Sriracha hot sauce
1 tsp, or to taste
Green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
2 Tbsp, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In small bowl, marinate tofu with soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine broccoli, 2 tsp oil, 1⁄2 tsp salt, and 1⁄4 tsp black pepper.
- On large sheet pan (at least 16 by 12 inches), toss squash, garlic, 1⁄2 tsp salt, and remaining 2 tsp oil and 1⁄4 tsp black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir.
- Move squash to 1 side of sheet pan and arrange broccoli on other side of pan. Nestle tofu in center of pan, making sure each piece makes contact with pan. Continue to bake until squash is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, sriracha, 2 tbsp warm water, and remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt.
- Divide tofu and vegetables among 4 plates. Drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with pepitas.
- Serving size: 2 pieces tofu, 11⁄4 cups vegetables, 11⁄2 tbsp sauce, and 1⁄2 tbsp pepitas