Tofu, Broccoli, and Butternut Squash with Creamy Tahini Sauce
- Total Time
To toast the pepitas, spread on a small sheet pan, spray with cooking spray and toast until golden, about 3-5 minutes in the oven.
extra firm tofu14 oz, drained and blotted dry, cut into 8 equal pieces
low sodium soy sauce1 Tbsp
uncooked broccoli1 head(s), cut into florets (use a large head)
extra virgin olive oil4 tsp, divided
kosher salt1 ¼ tsp, divided (or to taste)
black pepper½ tsp, freshly ground (or to taste)
uncooked butternut squash2 pound(s), peeled, seeded, cut in 1 1/2-in chunks
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
plain fat free Greek yogurt2 Tbsp
fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp
water2 Tbsp, warm
Sriracha hot sauce1 tsp, or to taste
green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)2 Tbsp, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Marinate tofu in soy sauce in a small bowl for 10 minutes.
- Toss broccoli with 2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in another bowl.
- Toss squash with remaining 2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, remaining 1/4 tsp pepper, and garlic on a large sheet pan (at least 12- X 16-in); bake 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir; move squash to one side of pan.
- Spread broccoli out on other side of pan; nestle tofu down center of pan, making sure each piece makes contact with pan. Return to oven; cook until squash is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, water, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, and sriracha (to taste) in a small bowl.
- Plate tofu and vegetables; drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with pepitas.
- Serving size: 2 pieces tofu, 1 1/4 c vegetables, 1 1/2 Tbsp sauce, 1/2 Tbsp pepitas