Tofu, broccoli, and butternut squash with creamy tahini sauce
Extra firm tofu
14 oz, drained and blotted dry, cut into 8 equal pieces
Low sodium soy sauce
1 head(s), cut into florets (use a large head)
Extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp, divided
1¼ tsp, divided (or to taste)
½ tsp, freshly ground (or to taste)
Uncooked butternut squash
2 pound(s), peeled, seeded, cut in 1 1/2-in chunks
2 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp, warm
Sriracha hot sauce
1 tsp, or to taste
Green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
2 Tbsp, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Marinate tofu in soy sauce in a small bowl for 10 minutes.
- Toss broccoli with 2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in another bowl.
- Toss squash with remaining 2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, remaining 1/4 tsp pepper, and garlic on a large sheet pan (at least 12- X 16-in); bake 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir; move squash to one side of pan.
- Spread broccoli out on other side of pan; nestle tofu down center of pan, making sure each piece makes contact with pan. Return to oven; cook until squash is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, water, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, and sriracha (to taste) in a small bowl.
- Plate tofu and vegetables; drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with pepitas.
- Serving size: 2 pieces tofu, 1 1/4 c vegetables, 1 1/2 Tbsp sauce, 1/2 Tbsp pepitas