- 1/4 cup(s) basil, leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, leaves, packed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, finely chopped or grated
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1 cup(s) shredded carrot(s), finely grated
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- 4 item(s) thin whole wheat sandwich bread (roll)
- 1/4 medium cucumber(s), thinly sliced
In a mini chopper or food processor, combine basil, cilantro, lime juice, lemongrass, ginger, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; pulse until smooth. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to thin sauce (if desired). Spoon sauce in a small bowl and add carrots; toss to combine and set aside.
Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
Pound chicken until 1/4-inch thick. Season both sides of chicken with pepper, if desired (you don’t need salt because the sauce is very flavorful). Place chicken on grill and cook until browned and cooked through, flipping once, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Place 1 piece of chicken on bottom half of a roll; top with 1/4 cup carrot mixture, 1/4 of cucumber slices and a roll top. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
- Cut each piece of chicken in half if it’s too big to fit on bread. Each sandwich will then contain 2 pieces of chicken.