Tempura-Style Veggies with Wasabi-Soy Sauce
1 cup(s), sticks
1 cup(s), 1 1/2-inch florets
Uncooked string beans
1 large, beaten
Low sodium soy sauce
Seasoned rice wine vinegar
Prepared wasabi paste
1 medium, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (Or cook at 450°F on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.)
- Place vegetables and flour in a large zip-close plastic bag; shake well (or toss in a covered bowl).
- Combine panko and salt in a shallow dish. Beat egg in a second shallow bowl. First dip each vegetable in egg and then dredge in panko; turn to coat and place on prepared baking sheet (leave space in between - if necessary, use a second baking sheet). Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray; bake until well-browned, 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- While vegetables cook, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, wasabi paste, ginger and garlic; garnish with scallions and serve with vegetables.
- Serving size: 1 1/4 c vegetables and 2 1/2 tsp sauce