- 1 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), sticks
- 1 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, 1 1/2-inch florets
- 1 cup(s) uncooked string beans
- 1 cup(s) uncooked asparagus
- 1 cup(s) button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp white all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 6 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp prepared wasabi paste
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped for garnish
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (Or cook at 450°F on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.)
Place vegetables and flour in a large zip-close plastic bag; shake well (or toss in a covered bowl).
Combine panko and salt in a shallow dish. Beat egg in a second shallow bowl. First dip each vegetable in egg and then dredge in panko; turn to coat and place on prepared baking sheet (leave space in between - if necessary, use a second baking sheet). Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray; bake until well-browned, 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
While vegetables cook, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, wasabi paste, ginger and garlic; garnish with scallions and serve with vegetables.
Serving size: 1 1/4 c vegetables and 2 1/2 tsp sauce