Stir-fried chili mango chicken with peppers
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
¾ pound(s), cut in bite-size strips (1/4-inch-thick)
2 Tbsp, or white wine, divided
Low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp, divided
1 tsp, divided
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
Sriracha chili sauce
1 Tbsp, or vegetable oil, divided
3 piece(s), each the size of a quarter, peeeled, smashed
2 cup(s), thinly sliced
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 cup(s), thinly sliced
1 large, ripe but firm, cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 Tbsp wine (or sherry), soy sauce, 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch and 1/2 tsp salt until cornstarch is no longer visible; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, sriracha, remaining 1 Tbsp wine (or sherry) and 1/2 tsp cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in oil. Add ginger and stir-fry 10 seconds or until just fragrant.
- Push ginger to sides of wok and add chicken and spread evenly in one layer in wok. Cook undisturbed 1 minute, letting chicken begin to sear. Stir-fry 1 minute until chicken is no longer pink but not cooked through. Add bell peppers, and remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- Restir broth mixture and swirl into wok and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through and peppers are tender crisp. Remove from heat, add mango and stir until just combined.
- Serving size: Yields 1 ¼ c per serving.