- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked lean flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 item(s), medium uncooked bell pepper(s), thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), thinly sliced
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s), (7-inch) warmed
- 2 Tbsp taco sauce
- Spray a nonstick ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steak with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Place the steak on the grill pan and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of the steak registers 145°F for medium-rare, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut the steak across the grain into 20 slices.
- Lay the tortillas out on a work surface and top evenly with the steak, onion, and bell peppers; drizzle with the taco sauce. Fold the tortillas in half. Yields 1 fajita per serving.