Steak and pepper sandwiches with chipotle mayo
uncooked bell pepper(s)
1⅓ item(s), medium, (or 1 large), yellow variety, quartered
uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, cut into 4 thick slices
uncooked lean flank steak
1 pound(s), trimmed
reduced calorie mayonnaise
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 Tbsp, minced
1 Tbsp, chopped
light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)
4 item(s), toasted
1 medium, beefsteak variety, cut into 8 slices
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Stir together salt, oregano, and cumin in small cup. Combine bell pepper and onion in medium bowl and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Sprinkle vegetables with half of seasoning mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle steak with remaining seasoning.
- Place vegetables and steak on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 10 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise, chipotles en adobo, and cilantro in small bowl.
- Cut steak across grain into thin slices. Cut bell pepper into thin strips and separate onion into rings.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on bottoms of buns. Top evenly with tomato, steak, bell pepper, and onion. Top with bun tops.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich