A spicy pimento aioli adds amazing flavor to these easy Spanish-influenced sandwiches.
- 1/4 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp paprika, smoked
- 4 roll(s) Brownberry 100% whole wheat sandwich thins, split open
- 4 oz serrano ham
- 10 Tbsp shredded manchego cheese
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pinch table salt, optional
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and paprika; spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each roll bottom. Layer each sandwich with 1 ounce ham and 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese; cover with roll tops.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat both sides of sandwiches lightly with cooking spray; sprinkle tops with salt. Cook sandwiches, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until cheese is melted. Slice each in half and serve warm. Yields 2 panini halves per serving.
- The directions above are for cooking the sandwich in a skillet. If you prefer to make your sandwich open-face (as photographed), divide all the ingredients evenly between the bread tops and bottoms and broil until the cheese melts.