Spanish Chicken and Rice
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), crushed
- 2 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), diced
- 2 fl oz mineral water
- 14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes, whole, peeled and chopped
- 5 1/2 oz uncooked wild rice, long grain
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp chili powder, or to taste
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked celery, sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) frozen green peas
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, heat, then brown garlic, onions and chicken.
- Add water, tomatoes, rice, turmeric and chili powder. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and celery and simmer 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add peas and simmer until rice and peas are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust liquid if necessary.