- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), crushed
- 2 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), diced
- 2 fl oz mineral water
- 14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes, whole, peeled and chopped
- 5 1/2 oz uncooked wild rice, long grain
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp chili powder, or to taste
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked celery, sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) frozen green peas
Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, heat, then brown garlic, onions and chicken.
Add water, tomatoes, rice, turmeric and chili powder. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Add peppers and celery and simmer 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add peas and simmer until rice and peas are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust liquid if necessary.