- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, chopped
- 1 item(s), small uncooked bell pepper(s), chopped
- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 20 oz canned crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 8 item(s) mixed grain hamburger roll(s)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper and sauté until tender, 3 minutes. Add turkey and sauté until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks, 5 minutes. Add chili powder, basil, salt, black pepper and cayenne; stir to coat. Add crushed tomatoes, ketchup and mustard; mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Stir in corn and simmer 2 minutes to heat through. Spoon mixture onto rolls and serve hot.