- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin, divided
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large-size, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) water
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini in a single layer; increase heat to high and cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes. Flip zucchini and cook until golden on other side, about 2 minutes more. Remove zucchini to a plate with a slotted spoon.
Heat remaining teaspoon oil in same skillet. Add shrimp; sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; sauté until shrimp are almost just cooked through, about 1 minute. Stir in garlic and water; sauté, stirring to loosen bits from bottom of pan, until shrimp are cooked through and tomatoes are softened, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Return zucchini to skillet; toss and serve. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Try this with fresh basil instead of, or in addition to, the oregano (just stir it in right at the end).Grate some lemon zest over top and/or sprinkle with fresh lemon juice, if desired.