Shrimp with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin, divided
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large-size, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini in a single layer; increase heat to high and cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes. Flip zucchini and cook until golden on other side, about 2 minutes more. Remove zucchini to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil in same skillet. Add shrimp; sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; sauté until shrimp are almost just cooked through, about 1 minute. Stir in garlic and water; sauté, stirring to loosen bits from bottom of pan, until shrimp are cooked through and tomatoes are softened, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Return zucchini to skillet; toss and serve. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
Try this with fresh basil instead of, or in addition to, the oregano (just stir it in right at the end). Grate some lemon zest over top and/or sprinkle with fresh lemon juice, if desired.