- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 small jalapeño pepper(s), cored, seeded and minced (or to taste)*
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced (or to taste)
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, undrained
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large, peeled, deveined
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp paprika, hot variety
- 2 Tbsp chives, minced
Coat a small pot with cooking spray. Add jalapeño and garlic; sauté over medium heat, 2 minutes. Add beans, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, place shrimp in a bowl with lime juice and paprika; toss to coat. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray; arrange shrimp on pan. Place 4 inches under broiler and broil 3 to 4 minutes. Turn shrimp over and broil until cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
Spoon beans into a serving bowl; top with shrimp and sprinkle with chives. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces shrimp and a scant 1/2 cup beans per serving.
- *Do not touch seeds with bare hands.