Shrimp with Key Lime Cocktail Sauce
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, medium, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, or Key lime juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water and place them in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover them; heat just until the water begins to simmer. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside 1 minute, or until the shrimp are opaque in the center. Drain the shrimp, then plunge them into a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange on a serving platter.
- To make the cocktail sauce, combine the ketchup, key lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce in a small bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more hot pepper sauce or Worcestershire sauce as desired. Serve the shrimp with the cocktail sauce.