Sesame grilled portobellos with sriracha mayonnaise
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
1½ tsp, grated peeled fresh
Sriracha chili sauce
Fresh mint leaves
3 Tbsp, chopped
Low sodium soy sauce
Dark sesame oil
1 tsp, (Asian)
Uncooked red onion(s)
4 large, caps only
4 slice(s), beefsteak variety, thickly sliced
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- Stir together mayonnaise, ginger, Sriracha, and 1 tablespoon mint in small bowl.
- Stir together soy sauce, canola oil, and sesame oil in another small bowl. Cut 4 (½-inch-thick) slices from center of onion (reserve remaining onion for another use).
- Place onion slices and mushrooms, rounded side down, on grill rack. Brush with half of soy sauce mixture and grill 6 minutes. Turn onion slices and mushrooms, brush with remaining soy sauce mixture, and grill until tender, 6–7 minutes longer.
- Place mushrooms, rounded side down, on 4 serving plates. Top each mushroom with tomato slice and onion slice and top evenly with mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons mint.
- Per serving (1 stuffed mushroom and generous 1 tablespoon sauce)