Sesame Grilled Portobellos with Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Total Time
cooking spray1 spray(s)
reduced calorie mayonnaise⅓ cup(s)
ginger root1 ½ tsp, grated peeled fresh
sriracha chili sauce1 tsp
fresh mint leaves3 Tbsp, chopped
low sodium soy sauce2 Tbsp
canola oil2 tsp
dark sesame oil1 tsp, (Asian)
uncooked red onion(s)1 large
portobello mushroom(s)4 large, caps only
fresh tomato(es)4 slice(s), beefsteak variety, thickly sliced
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- Stir together mayonnaise, ginger, Sriracha, and 1 tablespoon mint in small bowl.
- Stir together soy sauce, canola oil, and sesame oil in another small bowl. Cut 4 (½-inch-thick) slices from center of onion (reserve remaining onion for another use).
- Place onion slices and mushrooms, rounded side down, on grill rack. Brush with half of soy sauce mixture and grill 6 minutes. Turn onion slices and mushrooms, brush with remaining soy sauce mixture, and grill until tender, 6–7 minutes longer.
- Place mushrooms, rounded side down, on 4 serving plates. Top each mushroom with tomato slice and onion slice and top evenly with mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons mint.
- Per serving (1 stuffed mushroom and generous 1 tablespoon sauce)