Sesame chicken and broccoli stir-fry
- Total Time
Skip the greasy takeout and try our stir fry instead! This delicious and easy weeknight supper cooks up quickly with chicken breasts and broccoli in a flavorful sauce. Serve as is, over rice, or noodles; it’s sure to become a family favorite.
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)10 oz
soy sauce3 Tbsp
dark brown sugar4 tsp
sambal oelek2 tsp
sesame oil2 tsp
minced garlic1 Tbsp
minced ginger1 Tbsp
frozen chopped broccoli12 oz
reduced-sodium chicken broth1 cup(s)
uncooked scallion(s)½ cup(s), sliced
- Cook chicken breasts according to package instructions. Dice and reserve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, 2 tsp. corn starch, ketchup, brown sugar, and sambal oelek and reserve.
- Heat sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add broccoli and toss to coat.
- Pour chicken broth over broccoli, raise heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir in chicken and reserved sauce and simmer for 3 minutes or until thick.
- Serving size: 1 cup