Chopped frozen spinach
10 oz, package, thawed and squeezed dry
Frozen green peas
1 cup(s), thawed
Plain fat free yogurt
Low fat cream cheese
2 oz, (Neufchâtel) variety
Fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Canned pink salmon
14¾ oz, drained
4 sheet(s), (12 x 17-inch), thawed according to package directions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Combine the spinach, peas, yogurt, cream cheese, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well mixed. Gently fold in the salmon so it stays in chunks.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a work surface with one long side nearest you. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and top with a second sheet. Repeat with the remaining 2 sheets of phyllo. Spray the top sheet lightly with nonstick spray.
- Place the salmon mixture in a 14-inch-long cylindrical shape along the side of the phyllo nearest you leaving a 1 1⁄2-inch border on the short ends and the side closest to you. Roll up jelly-roll style, folding in the short ends to seal. Transfer the roll to the baking sheet, then spray the roll lightly with nonstick spray.
- Bake until lightly browned, 25–28 minutes. Let the strudel stand 5 minutes, then cut into 8 pieces. Yields 2 pieces per serving.