Salmon with melted leeks and miso butter
3 large, (white and light green parts only), halved, sliced, and rinsed (about 3 cups)
1 Tbsp, softened
Uncooked farmed salmon fillet(s) with or without skin
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce), skin-on
2 tsp, grated fresh peeled
Low sodium soy sauce
2 medium, thinly sliced
- Combine leeks, water, 2 teaspoons butter, and salt in 6-quart Instant Pot. Sprinkle salmon with 1 teaspoon ginger and soy sauce. Place rack on top of leek mixture; spray rack with nonstick spray. Place salmon on rack, skin side down.
- Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Steam and set cooking time for 4 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steamrelease valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 tablespoon butter, remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, miso, honey, and vinegar in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Remove salmon with rack from pot. Spread miso mixture over salmon. Cover to keep warm.
- Press Sauté and set cooking time for 10 minutes. When leeks start to sizzle, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until leeks are very tender and most of the liquid in pot is evaporated. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Spoon leeks evenly onto 4 serving plates, top with salmon, and sprinkle with scallions.
- Serving size: 1 piece salmon, 1/3 cup leeks, and scant 1 tablespoon miso butter