Pesto Shrimp and Pasta
- Total Time
uncooked bow tie pasta½ pound(s), (farfalle)
basil2 cup(s), fresh leaves, loosely packed
grated Parmesan cheese3 Tbsp
chopped walnuts2 Tbsp
extra virgin olive oil1 Tbsp
extra virgin olive oil1 tsp
garlic clove(s)3 medium clove(s), minced
lemon zest1 ½ tsp, grated
table salt¼ tsp
uncooked shrimp1 pound(s), large peeled and deveined
grape tomatoes2 cup(s), halved
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, transfer to large serving bowl, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, to make pesto, combine basil, water, Parmesan, walnuts, 1 tablespoon oil, 2 garlic cloves, lemon zest, and salt in food processor and process until smooth, adding more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and remaining garlic and cook, stirring often, until shrimp are just opaque in center and tomatoes are heated through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add shrimp mixture and pesto to pasta and toss to combine. Serve at once.
- Per serving (about 1¾ cups)