Parmesan-Crusted Turkey with Tomato-Lemon Sauté
- Total Time
For the tastiest cheese crust, seek out authentic Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and grate or shred it yourself.
fresh cherry tomato(es)2 cup(s), or grape tomatoes
lemon zest2 tsp, grated
table salt½ tsp
egg white(s)1 large
fresh lemon juice1 Tbsp
uncooked unenriched white cornmeal3 Tbsp
grated Parmesan cheese2 Tbsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast1 pound(s), 4 (1⁄4-pound) cutlets
olive oil4 tsp
- Combine the tomatoes, lemon zest, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Whisk the egg white and lemon juice on a large shallow plate. Combine the cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, pepper, and remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt on a sheet of wax paper.
- Dip each cutlet into the egg mixture, then coat in the cornmeal mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the cutlets to a serving plate.
- Add the tomato mixture to the same skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve with the cutlets. Yields 1 cutlet and 1⁄4 cup tomatoes per serving.