Parmesan Chicken with Fennel-Arugula Salad
- Total Time
fresh lemon juice1 ½ Tbsp
olive oil4 tsp
honey¼ tsp, or agave nectar
table salt¼ tsp
uncooked fennel bulb(s)½ medium, trimmed and thinly sliced
arugula4 cup(s), baby variety, loosely packed
grated Parmesan cheese6 Tbsp, (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
seasoned breadcrumbs1 Tbsp
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)20 oz, 4 (5-ounce) cutlets
- Whisk together lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of oil, honey, and salt in large bowl. Place fennel on top, then add arugula; do not toss.
- Combine 1/4 cup of Parmesan and bread crumbs in small bowl. Place chicken on sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle half of Parmesan mixture evenly over one side of chicken cutlets and press to adhere.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, coated side down. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan mixture on top of chicken. Cook, turning once, until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Toss together salad and dressing. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates and top evenly with chicken. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Per serving: 1 chicken cutlet and 3/4 cup salad