Parmesan chicken with fennel-arugula salad
Fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp, or agave nectar
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
½ medium, trimmed and thinly sliced
4 cup(s), baby variety, loosely packed
Grated Parmesan cheese
6 Tbsp, (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce) cutlets
- Whisk together lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of oil, honey, and salt in large bowl. Place fennel on top, then add arugula; do not toss.
- Combine 1/4 cup of Parmesan and bread crumbs in small bowl. Place chicken on sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle half of Parmesan mixture evenly over one side of chicken cutlets and press to adhere.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, coated side down. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan mixture on top of chicken. Cook, turning once, until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Toss together salad and dressing. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates and top evenly with chicken. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Per serving: 1 chicken cutlet and 3/4 cup salad