Parmesan-and-herb-crusted lamb chops
2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
1½ Tbsp, chopped fresh flat-leaf + whole leaves
Grated Parmesan cheese
Whole wheat breadcrumbs
¼ cup(s), dried
Fat free egg substitute
Lean lamb rib chops, trimmed
1¾ pound(s), 1 (8-rib), frenched rack of lamb
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray large heavy rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mix together rosemary, chopped parsley, Parmesan, and bread crumbs on sheet of wax paper. Pour egg substitute into small bowl.
- With sharp knife, cut lamb between bones into 8 chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip meaty end of chops into egg substitute, then coat with Parmesan mixture, pressing firmly so it adheres.
- Heat oil in large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, swirling pan to spread oil. Add 4 chops to skillet; cook until crusty and golden brown on bottom, 1½–2 minutes. With tongs, grip bone of each chop and turn. Cook on second side until crusty and golden brown, about 1½ minutes, browning any unseared edges of meat. Transfer chops to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 4 chops.
- Transfer chops to oven and roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of chop registers 145°F, about 4 minutes. Transfer chops to platter. Sprinkle with parsley leaves.
- Per serving: 1 chop