Orange Beef Stir-Fry
Fat free chicken broth
1¼ cup(s), reduced-sodium
Low sodium soy sauce
Splenda No Calorie sweetener packets
½ tsp, optional
2 Tbsp, freshly grated, or 1/4 cup fresh julienned orange peel*
¼ cup(s), fresh, peeled, julienned*
2 medium clove(s), slivered
Crushed red pepper flakes
Uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef
1 pound(s), boneless, sliced against grain into 1/8-inch-thick strips
Uncooked sugar snap peas
1 Tbsp, dissolved in 1 Tbsp of water
- Whisk broth, soy sauce, Splenda and orange extract together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick wok (or skillet) with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add orange peel or zest, ginger and garlic; stir-fry until softened and aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add red pepper flakes and stir-fry 20 seconds.
- Add beef; stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and continue stir-frying until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in broth mixture and bring to a simmer; cover wok (or skillet) and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in arrowroot mixture. Cook just until sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 seconds; immediately remove from heat and serve.
- Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.