Orange Beef Stir-Fry
- Total Time
Serve this beef and vegetable stir-fry with steamed brown rice for a complete meal.
fat free chicken broth1 ¼ cup(s), reduced-sodium
low sodium soy sauce3 Tbsp
SPLENDA® Sucralose sweetener (Splenda®)1 tsp
orange extract½ tsp, optional
cooking spray1 spray(s)
orange zest2 Tbsp, freshly grated, or 1/4 cup fresh julienned orange peel*
ginger root¼ cup(s), fresh, peeled, julienned*
garlic clove(s)2 clove(s), medium, slivered
crushed red pepper flakes¼ tsp
uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef1 pound(s), boneless, sliced against grain into 1/8-inch-thick strips
uncooked sugar snap peas4 cup(s)
arrowroot powder1 Tbsp, dissolved in 1 Tbsp of water
- Whisk broth, soy sauce, Splenda and orange extract together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick wok (or skillet) with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add orange peel or zest, ginger and garlic; stir-fry until softened and aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add red pepper flakes and stir-fry 20 seconds.
- Add beef; stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and continue stir-frying until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in broth mixture and bring to a simmer; cover wok (or skillet) and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in arrowroot mixture. Cook just until sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 seconds; immediately remove from heat and serve. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.