Mustard greens with garlic and ginger
Uncooked mustard greens
2 tsp, extra virgin
4 tsp, fresh, minced
Canned chicken broth
1 cup(s), or vegetable broth
¾ tsp, or to taste
Rice wine vinegar
3 medium, sliced
2 Tbsp, toasted
- Wash greens; separate stems and leaves. Slice leaves into thin ribbons and dice stems (keep leaves and stems separate).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick sauté pan or wok over low heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, to infuse oil with flavor, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add diced stems and broth to pan or wok; cook, stirring a few times, until slightly softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add leaves; cover and cook until bright green, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in salt, vinegar and scallions; sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.