- 1 pound(s) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2/3 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup(s), chopped uncooked red onion(s), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 large egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1 tsp ground cumin, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 6 item(s) light English muffin, split and toasted
- 6 Tbsp store bought guacamole
- 6 leaf/leaves, large lettuce, romaine
- 6 slice(s) fresh tomato(es)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine crab meat, panko, onion, cilantro, mayonnaise, eggs, cumin, salt and cayenne. Scoop a heaping 1/2 cup crab mixture onto a flat surface and shape into a 3/4-inch thick patty; repeat with remaining ingredients. Coat tops of burgers with cooking spray and place on prepared pan sprayed side-down; coat other side of burgers with cooking spray.
Bake until bottoms are browned, about 10 minutes; carefully flip and cook until browned on other side, about 10 minutes more. Serve each burger on an English muffin, topped with 1 tablespoon guacamole and 1 piece each lettuce and tomato. Yields 1 burger per serving.
- Crab burger patties can be prepared in advance to speed dinner prep. This mixture can also be used to make smaller Mexican crab cake appetizers – just reduce the cooking time to 12 minutes total.