Lemon-Lime Cookie Crisps
- Total Time
These ultra-thin cookies are super crunchy and flavorful. Swap orange zest for the lemon or lime if you prefer.
unsalted butter3 ⅓ Tbsp, softened
egg white(s)2 large
cake flour⅓ cup(s)
vanilla extract½ tsp
lemon zest2 tsp, finely chopped
lime zest2 tsp, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg whites and stir until just blended. Sift cake flour over butter mixture and mix with a spoon; fold in vanilla.
- Remove half of batter and place in a medium bowl; set aside. Fold lemon zest into one bowl and lime zest into other bowl (or keep batter in one bowl and stir in both lemon and lime zests).
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter onto prepared cookie sheets leaving at least 3-inches between each cookie. When cookie sheet is full, flatten out cookies with back of a spoon so cookies look almost translucent and measure about 3-inches across. (You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your cookie sheets.)
- Bake until edges start to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly transfer cookies to a cooling rack using a thin metal spatula. Yields 4 cookies per serving.