- 5 spray(s) cooking spray
- 6 cup(s) uncooked butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s), or diced
- 2 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 2 cup(s) uncooked celery, diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cup(s) reduced sodium canned chicken broth
- 4 cup(s) uncooked kale, baby variety
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Spread squash in an even layer on prepared pan and coat lightly with cooking spray; season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Roast until lightly browned, stirring once halfway through, about 30 minutes.
While squash roasts, coat a large soup pot with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; season with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables soften, 8-10 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp sage, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring a few times, 1 minute. Stir in broth and increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
Stir in kale, roasted squash, remaining 1 Tbsp sage and lemon juice; serve garnished with parsley.
Serving size: 1 c