Italian Grilled Peppers
- 2 large sweet red pepper(s), seeded, cut into quarters
- 2 large yellow pepper(s), seeded, cut into quarters
- 2 large green pepper(s), seeded, cut into quarters
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fennel seed, optional
- Preheat grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high.
- Coat peppers with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill until lightly charred and tender, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Place peppers in a medium bowl; add parsley, oil, vinegar, garlic, fennel seeds (if using), remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss to coat. Yields 2 pieces of pepper (1/2 a pepper total) per serving.
These keep in the refrigerator for several days.